Find Accredited RN Programs in Maine
Are you looking for a career that remains stable even during difficult economic times? The strongest industry in the United States is the healthcare industry, and professions that are highest in demand are those in the nursing field. This fact holds true for every state in the U.S., including Maine, where Registered Nurses (RNs) earn average yearly salaries of about $59,000.
In order for you to become an RN in Maine (and other states also), you must graduate from a Board of Nursing-approved RN training program. While you can choose to enroll in a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program, the quickest path to becoming a Registered Nurse in Maine (and other states also) is earning an Associate Degree in Nursing. Earning a nursing degree from an approved school is the main requirement you must meet before you can take your licensing exam.
The two-part RN licensing exam is known as the NCLEX-RN. You will need to achieve acceptable scores on both parts of the exam before you can obtain your RN license in Maine.
Nursing Schools that Offer RN Programs in Maine
Currently, there are several outstanding schools in Maine that offer training programs for people who want to become RN. Some of the best of such schools are:
- Central Maine Community College 1250 Turner Street, Auburn, ME 4210Request info
- Eastern Maine Community College 354 Hogan Rd, Bangor, ME 4401Request info
- Husson University 1 College Circle, Bangor, ME 4401Request info
- Kennebec Valley Community College 92 Western Ave, Fairfield, ME 4937Request info
- Northern Maine Community College 33 Edgemont Dr, Presque Isle, ME 4769Request info
- Saint Josephs College of Maine 278 Whites Bridge Rd, Standish, ME 4084Request info
- Southern Maine Community College, Main Campus, South Portland 2 Fort Road, South Portland, ME 4106Request info
- University of Maine, Augusta 46 University Dr, Augusta, ME 4330Request info
- University of Maine, Orono 168 College Avenue, Orono, ME 4469Request info
- University of New England, Biddeford 11 Hills Beach Rd, Biddeford, ME 4005Request info
- University of Southern Maine, Portland 96 Falmouth St, Portland, ME 4103Request info