Find Accredited RN Programs in Connecticut
Did you know that the demand for qualified nurses in the U.S. is expected to increase by almost 20 percent for the next several years? Furthermore, Registered Nurse (RN) graduates who choose to work in Connecticut can enjoy average salaries of approximately $76,000 per year! For these reasons, a career as an RN has become one of the most popular occupations today all across the United States, including in the state of Connecticut.
The first requirement to become an RN in Connecticut is graduating from an approved RN training program. Based on a full-time schedule, you can earn your Associate Degree in Nursing in only about two to three years. Of course, it may take a bit less or more time depending on your placement exam scores and whether or not you have any transferable credits. In any case, after you graduate, you will be eligible for the two-part NCLEX-RN.
To become an RN in Connecticut, you will need to obtain satisfactory scores on both portions of the NCLEX-RN before you can apply for an RN license.
Nursing Schools that Offer RN Programs in Connecticut
There are many terrific schools in Connecticut that offer associate degree programs for RN candidates. The following facilities are among the best in the state.
- Bridgeport Hospital School of Nursing 200 Mill Hill Ave, Bridgeport, CT 6610Request info
- Capital Community College 950 Main Street, Hartford, CT 6103Request info
- Central Connecticut State University 1615 Stanley St, New Britain, CT 6050Request info
- Fairfield University 1073 N Benson Rd, Fairfield, CT 6824Request info
- Gateway Community College, New Haven 20 Church Street, New Haven, CT 6510Request info
- Goodwin College One Riverside Drive, East Hartford, CT 6118Request info
- Housatonic Community College 900 Lafayette Blvd, Bridgeport, CT 6604Request info
- Lincoln College of New England, Southington 2279 Mount Vernon Road, Southington, CT 6489Request info
- Naugatuck Valley Community College 750 Chase Parkway, Waterbury, CT 6708Request info
- Northwestern Connecticut Community College Park Pl E, Winsted, CT 6098Request info
- Norwalk Community College 188 Richards Avenue, Norwalk, CT 6854Request info
- Quinnipiac University, Hamden Mt Carmel Ave, Hamden, CT 6518Request info
- Sacred Heart University, Fairfield 5151 Park Ave, Fairfield, CT 6825Request info
- Southern Connecticut State University 501 Crescent Street, New Haven, CT 6515Request info
- Three Rivers Community College, Norwich 574 New London Turnpike, Norwich, CT 6360Request info
- University of Connecticut, Storrs 352 Mansfield Road, Storrs Mansfield, CT 6269Request info
- University of Hartford 200 Bloomfield Ave, West Hartford, CT 6117Request info
- University of Saint Joseph 1678 Asylum Avenue, West Hartford, CT 6117Request info
- Western Connecticut State University, Midtown 181 White Street, Danbury, CT 6810Request info