How to Become a Registered Nurse in Mississippi
Is it your dream to begin a career as a Registered Nurse (RN) in Mississippi? Do you need help finding an RN program near you? If your answers were “yes,” you have landed on the right page! There is currently a growing need for trained RNs in Mississippi, and the average salary for those who obtain employment here is approximately $69,000 per year.
Now, you may be wondering just what is involved in becoming an RN in Mississippi. The process is actually quite simple, like in other states. The first step is to complete an accredited training program. Completing an accredited training program on at least the associate degree-level will lead you to the second step: passing the NCLEX-RN. The NCLEX-RN is a licensing exam, which you must pass before you can move on to the final step of becoming an RN.
If you receive acceptable scores on the NCLEX-RN, you can finally apply for an RN license from the Mississippi Board of Nursing.
Top Rated RN Schools in Mississippi
With many fantastic RN schools such as those listed below, Mississippi is a great place to begin a career as a Registered Nurse.
- Alcorn State University 1000 ASU Dr Ste 359, Lorman, MS 39096Request info
- Coahoma Community College 3240 Friars Point Rd, Clarksdale, MS 38614Request info
- Copiah-Lincoln Community College, Wesson 1001 Co-Lin Lane, Wesson, MS 39191Request info
- Delta State University Hwy 8 West, Cleveland, MS 38733Request info
- East Central Community College, Decatur 275 West Broad Street, Decatur, MS 39327Request info
- East Mississippi Community College 1512 Kemper Street, Scooba, MS 39358Request info
- Hinds Community College 505 East Main Street, Raymond, MS 39154Request info
- Hinds Community College, Jackson 1750 Chadwick Drive, Jackson, MS 39204Request info
- Hinds Community College, Rankin 3805 Highway 80 East, Pearl, MS 39208Request info
- Hinds Community College, Utica Highway 18 West, Utica, MS 39175Request info
- Hinds Community College, Vicksburg-Warren 755 Highway 27 South, Vicksburg, MS 39180Request info
- Holmes Community College #1 Hill St, Goodman, MS 39079Request info
- Itawamba Community College 602 W Hill Street, Fulton, MS 38843Request info
- Jones County Junior College 900 South Court Street, Ellisville, MS 39437Request info
- Meridian Community College, Meridian 910 Hwy 19 N, Meridian, MS 39307Request info
- Mississippi College 200 South Capitol Street, Clinton, MS 39058Request info
- Mississippi Delta Community College Hwy 3 and Cherry St, Moorhead, MS 38761Request info
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College 51 Main Street, Perkinston, MS 39573Request info
- Mississippi University for Women 1100 College Street, Columbus, MS 39701Request info
- Northeast Mississippi Community College 101 Cunningham Blvd, Booneville, MS 38829Request info
- Northwest Mississippi Community College 4975 Hwy 51 N, Senatobia, MS 38668Request info
- Pearl River Community College 101 Hwy 11 N, Poplarville, MS 39470Request info
- Southwest Mississippi Community College 1156 College Dr, Summit, MS 39666Request info
- University of Mississippi Medical Center 2500 N State St, Jackson, MS 39216Request info
- University of Southern Mississippi 118 College Drive # 0001, Hattiesburg, MS 39406Request info
- William Carey University, Hattiesburg 498 Tuscan Ave, Hattiesburg, MS 39401Request info