Find Accredited RN Programs in Louisiana
Did you know that the nursing profession is among the oldest occupations in the world? In fact, the first nursing school was established in India during the year 250 BC! Today, the career is still very popular and is growing each year. This is true in every state in the U.S., including Louisiana, where Registered Nurses (RNs) enjoy an abundance of job openings and average salaries of around $59,000 per year.
If this all sounds great to you and you want to begin a career as an RN, the first thing you need to do is complete an RN training program. Currently, the minimum requirement for obtaining an RN license in Louisiana (and other states also) is possession of an Associate Degree in Nursing. Of course, you can choose to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree if you wish. In either case, however, you will need to attend a variety of lectures as well as clinical training sessions to earn your degree.
After you complete an associate or a bachelor’s degree in nursing, you will be able to take the NCLEX-RN exam and apply for an RN license in Louisiana.
Nursing Schools that Offer RN Programs in Louisiana
Finding a good school for your RN training is the first step to beginning your new career. Listed below, you will find some of the best schools in Louisiana.
- Baton Rouge Community College 201 Community College Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70806Request info
- Baton Rouge General Medical Center School of Nursing 3616 North Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70806Request info
- Bossier Parish Community College, Bossier City 6220 East Texas, Bossier City, LA 71111Request info
- Delgado Community College, City Park 615 City Park Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119Request info
- Dillard University 2601 Gentilly Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70122Request info
- Fletcher Technical Community College, Houma 1407 Highway 311, Schriever, LA 70395Request info
- Grambling State University 403 Main Street, Grambling, LA 71245Request info
- Louisiana College 1140 College Dr, Pineville, LA 71359Request info
- Louisiana Delta Community College, Monroe 7500 Millhaven Road, Monroe, LA 71203Request info
- Louisiana State University at Alexandria 8100 Hwy 71 South, Alexandria, LA 71302Request info
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans 433 Bolivar St, New Orleans, LA 70112Request info
- Louisiana State University, Eunice 2048 Johnson Hwy, Eunice, LA 70535Request info
- Louisiana Tech University 305 Wisteria, Ruston, LA 71272Request info
- Loyola University, New Orleans 6363 Saint Charles Ave, New Orleans, LA 70118Request info
- McNeese State University 4205 Ryan St, Lake Charles, LA 70605Request info
- Nicholls State University University Station La Hwy 1, Thibodaux, LA 70310Request info
- Northwestern State University of Louisiana University Parkway, Natchitoches, LA 71497Request info
- Our Lady of Holy Cross College 4123 Woodland Drive, New Orleans, LA 70131Request info
- Our Lady of the Lake College 7434 Perkins Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70808Request info
- Southeastern Louisiana University 548 Ned McGehee Ave., Hammond, LA 70402Request info
- Southeastern University, Washington 548 Ned McGehee Ave., Hammond, LA 70402Request info
- Southern University and A & M College Southern Branch Post Office, Baton Rouge, LA 70813Request info
- Southern University at Shreveport 3050 Martin Luther King Dr, Shreveport, LA 71107Request info
- University of Louisiana-Monroe 700 University Avenue, Monroe, LA 71209Request info
- University of Louisiana, Lafayette 104 University Circle, Lafayette, LA 70503Request info
- University of Phoenix, New Orleans Learning Center 1 Galleria Blvd., Metairie, LA 70001Request info